Preparing For Your Procedure
Skilled Vascular and Endovascular Surgical Specialists of South Jersey and the Jersey Shore Setting You Up for Success
In order to ensure that our patients have a safe and successful procedure, no matter what that may be, our New Jersey Vascular Institute Coordinator asks that you review this list and ensure that you are fully prepared.
As you get ready for your procedure, please keep the following in mind:
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the day prior to your procedure. This is so that we can give you sedation medicine as needed. You should take your regular medications and may take small sips of water to wash them down. This is very important and if not followed could result in re-scheduling or canceling your procedure.
- Depending on your procedure, you may be contacted to undergo Pre-Anesthesia Testing. If so, please ensure you make the appointment in a timely fashion to avoid delays in your treatment.
- Please make arrangements to have someone drive you home after your procedure. If you do not have a driver, your procedure may need to be cancelled or postponed.
- If you have an allergy to x-ray iodinated contrast (“x-ray dye”) please call the Vascular Institute at (877) 595-9512 to receive a prescription for a medication “prep” prior to the procedure.
- If you are taking blood thinners (Coumadin, Lovenox, Plavix, Xarelto, etc.) please call the Vascular Institute at (609) 652-6094 to discuss temporary discontinuation of these agents. Failure to do so will cause your procedure to be delayed or postponed.
- If you have had any blood work done within one month of your planned procedure, please make arrangements to have the results forwarded to the Vascular Institute at fax number (609) 652-1075.
“I especially owe a debt o f gratitude to Dr. Petruzzi and Dr. Adler for their skills and encouragement. ”- Anonymous
“I’m so grateful to have Dr. Petruzzi and his staff as part of the medical team treating and dealing with my newly diagnosis of PAD. He’s very sensitive, respectful, and most of all compassionate. Thanks for all you do ALWAYS! ”- Anonymous
“Dr. Jacinto Camarena is very knowledgeable, and he takes the time to fully answer all your questions and takes the time to explain everything. I highly recommend him. Also, the staff at AMI is great. ”- Anonymous
“It was a COVID-safe environment and the staff was very welcoming and professional. Dr. Watts has a vast knowledge of vascular issues and discusses the value of empirical evidence to support a sound strategy of treatment. His personality is positive, and his analysis is patient-specific. Highly recommend ”- Anonymous
“Dr. Schmidling was very patient and caring. He explained the process every step of the way and I never felt rushed or ignored. Great doctor and support staff! ”- Anonymous
“I saw Dr. Kim at the Brick Office. He was extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, and attentive to my medical issues. He was very patient explaining things to me using pictures and diagrams. Dr. Kim treated me like I was the most important patient he has! I am so happy to be his patient and I feel that I am in competent hands! Thank you, AMI for having ... ”- Anonymous